Translate

Saturday, January 1, 2022

A New Years Prayer

 I belong to a private group and it is our custom to pray together for the new year.  This year I am sharing some of that, my New Years Prayer for 2022, with you.

Happy New Year!  I am grateful we each made it to 2022, and I hope life is going well for each of you my friends.  Last year we lost my father in law, who was 100.  It is especially sad we could not see him on his 100th birthday, due to Covid precautions.  We also lost my 56 year old cousin, who was a mom and a grandma.  I thank you again for joining me to pray for her.  I once read that certain people/religions pray each day for the sun to rise and the grass to grow, for the world to do what we expect it to do.  They believe in prayer as an acknowledgment to God that He causes these things to happen, and their prayer is as much a spoken word of gratitude as it is a request.  This year, I want to acknowledge and thank God for the life, the joy, the love and countless blessings we have with each new day.  All the people in our lives, our pets, our homes, our world all we have because God has given us and this planet Life.  May the Life and the Joy be with you and your families, and May it embrace our world in this new year.  Giving thanks to God.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment